HoliDes addresses development and qualification of Adaptive Cooperative Human-Machine Systems (AdCoS) where many humans and many machines act together, cooperatively, in a highly adaptive way to guarantee fluent and cooperative task achievement.
HoliDes will investigate new ways to pro-actively communicate system adaptations to human operators by keeping them sufficiently in the loop based on the operators’ situational load and capacities. We will design innovative AdCoS in four domains: Health, Aeronautics, Control Rooms and Automotive.
HoliDes will offer a combined model-based and empirical approach to the development and qualification of AdCoS, which will significantly ease compliance to human-factor and safety regulations, and will allow to realize adaptation strategies in a transparent, fluent, explicit and controllable way. HoliDes therefore will:
- reduce the cost of System Development in particular compliance with human factors and safety,
- reduce needed development cycles when applied to innovative and ambitious AdCoS,
- foster Embedded Systems for AdCoS that are reusable in different safety critical domains.
HoliDes will research affordable means of compliance, which enable to formalize adaptation strategies on global many humans - many machines levels and local HMI levels in a coordinated way.
We will develop techniques & tools on 5 dimensions:
- automated AdCoS re-configuration based on real-time predictive human models;
- holistic formal modelling and accelerated analysis;
- new empirical task, exploration and validation analyses;
- a formalized synergetic empirical and modelbased methodology;
- integration of all techniques & tools in a Human Factors Reference Technology Platform to foster interoperability and to support human factors along the whole engineering life-cycle. The platform will be connected to CESAR-RTP to enable holistic development & qualification from both perspectives: human factors and technical systems design.